Register now for Painting Excellence and take your painting to a whole new level!
Four weeks of personalized online instruction with Nancy
Painting insights • feedback • ideas • instruction • technique
What results will you see from taking this course? The course will empower you and your painting so you can paint braver and express yourself through your work in a more powerful way. You will learn how to bring more attention to your painting, extend its viewing time and heighten the viewing experience. See dramatic improvements in your work, and expertise to get the results you want!
Limited to 20 artists for maximum personal attention. Price is $635.
What are the course dates? There are currently two class choices.
Both classes are the same course just different dates.
Class 1 – October 22, 2017 – November 17, 2017
Class 2 – January 28, 2018 – February 24, 2018
*Each four week course will have daily assignments and feedback, with one live meeting conference each Sunday evening 8:30 – 10 pm EST. Meetings will be recorded in case you can’t attend.
- Four weeks of newly written course curriculum that Nancy has prepared especially for this course, to get you inspired, gain clarity on your vision, and assist you in creating a more powerful body of work.
- Each week will cover a new topic, see below for weekly topics.
- Four live 90 minute instructional conferences. Each week starts off on Sunday evening, 8:30 – 10 pm EST, with a live online conference. The conference will include all 20 artists and Nancy, for Q&A and discussions on the forthcoming week’s topic, assignments, ideas, techniques and tips.
- An individual 30 minute private phone consultation with Nancy.
- Tips on how to photograph your work, and post it for the course.
- Daily feedback from Nancy answering your questions and commenting on your images. You post your questions and images on an online private Facebook group, and Nancy will comment daily on all posts, with advice, techniques, ideas and inspiration.
- Ability to contact Nancy with questions anytime during the course.
- A community of artists for inspiration and support.
- A pdf version of her new book Create Perfect Paintings.
To register click here.
What is the course curriculum?
Week 1 –
• Getting to know each other’s work
• Clarifying artistic vision and goals
• Creating power words for success
• Right brain warm ups
• Ideas for inspiration
Week 2 –
• Enhancing your painting’s optical and tactile qualities
• Combating your left brain sabotage techniques
• Shifting mind bullying phrases
Week 3 –
• Best ways to create eye choreography
• Identify and resolve any design issues in your painting
Week 4 –
• Continuing to resolve individual painting concerns and issues
Is this course for you? This course is best for painters who are actively painting, and have been painting for at least one year. Painters working in any 2D medium, in any style are welcome. To get the most from this course you should have at least ten paintings already completed and would like feedback and some support.
How much time will this course require? That is up to each individual. Nancy recommends attending the four live meetings on Zoom each Sunday evening. If you can’t attend one or more of them, they will all be recorded so you will be able to listen to them anytime your schedule permits. In addition to the live meetings, if you can dedicate one hour a day for the course and one hour a day for painting, you will gain a tremendous amount. By dedicating even more time to the course you will increase your learning.
How does the online course work? A week before the course starts, Nancy will send to you by email, the first week’s curriculum and other information to get you started.
Each week on a Sunday evening, the course begins with a live conference call, starting at 8:30 pm EST. The four live conferences use a conferencing site called Zoom. You will not need to join Zoom. You will only need to click on the link Nancy sends you ahead of time to join the conference at the designated dates and times. The conference will be recorded, for those that cannot attend, and a link to the recording will be sent to all by email.
Nancy will set up a private (called “secret”) Facebook group for the class to use during the course. During the week, you can post any questions, images, assignments, etc to Nancy or anyone else in the group. Only members of the group will see your posts. Nancy will comment daily using this group, and other artists in the course will be encouraged to comment as well. You will get maximum feedback on your work!
Not everyone is using or likes using Facebook. However, this is an easy and great method for the group to work together. You will need to be a member on Facebook to take this course. If you are not a member and don’t like the idea, then here’s a suggestion; you can sign up on Facebook with a fake name, just to take the course, then cancel your Facebook account after the course is over. At the end of the course Nancy will close the group and all material will be deleted for privacy.
Nancy Reyner has several decades of experience painting and teaching. Nancy has authored four top selling painting books with North Light Books, as well as numerous instructional painting videos. She received her BFA from the Rhode Island School of Design, an MFA from Columbia University, and now lives in Santa Fe, NM. Nancy exhibits worldwide and has expertise in a variety of mediums, including oil, acrylic, watercolor and mixed media. She has appeared on television for HGTV’s “That’s Clever”, and worked as a technical consultant in a program called Working Artists for Golden Paints for 16 years.
Still have questions? Just email Nancy here.
To register click here.