Work With Nancy
Your Private Hands-on Workshop In Santa Fe
Nancy welcomes students working in any style or level of experience. In addition to traditional techniques, she incorporates exciting new contemporary processes, such as paint pouring, glazes, textural applications, transparent layering, and atmospheric spatial effects. Receive vital tips, high quality materials, and the all-important individualized learning experience.
For experienced painters, Nancy devised an amazing unique system of self-critique. View your paintings with a keen eye, and sharpen how you see images. Learn to improve the “eye choreography” or viewing movement of your paintings. Fill your creative toolbox with a lifetime of techniques and ideas!
❝ Studying with Nancy is a real treat!
How rare to find a successful professional painter equally dedicated to teaching.❞
—ROSSOVINO, painter, Toronto, Canada
• Painting Critique – View your paintings to analyze for strengths and weaknesses, improve viewing movement and depth, make your work more viewer-responsive, advice on selecting work for exhibitions, insights into your voice and style.
• New Visions – generate new ideas, release creative blocks, brainstorming for new inspiration.
• Professional Career – portfolio review, artist statements, website advice, exhibitions, how to approach galleries, pricing your art.
• Technical Advice – improve the archival nature of your paintings for long-lasting quality, shipping and storage tips, answer technical questions and resolve technical issues.
Dont Want to Travel? Get Online Coaching!
Nancy has been teaching art for more than 30 years at many venues including Columbia University, Georgia O’Keeffe Museum, Anderson Ranch and Santa Fe Art Institute. She received her Bachelors of Fine Arts from Rhode Island School of Design and her Masters of Fine Arts from Columbia University.
Nancy believes art is a rewarding pursuit that can also enhance our quality of life. She enjoys imparting this passion to her students. Nancy has authored four top selling painting books with North Light Books, and appeared on television for HGTV’s “That’s Clever”. She has extensive training as a Certified Working Artist for Golden Artist Colors. Nancy currently lives and paints in Santa Fe, NM.
Sample Nancy’s teaching style and view her FREE Youtube videos here.
—Bonnie Teitelbaum, painter, New Mexico, USA
– Rossovino, painter, Toronto, Canada
—Destiny Allison, artist/author, New Mexico, USA
—Dorothy Grandbois, Artist & Art Professor, Institute of American Indian Arts, NM, USA
Contact for custom painting
Contact Nancy to start arranging the creation of your painting!