You don’t have to be a professional artist to enjoy a first-class painting experience!
“Studying with Nancy is a real treat!
How rare to find a successful professional painter equally dedicated to teaching.”
—ROSSOVINO, painter, Toronto, Canada
Painting with Nancy
Looking for new painting ideas, techniques or inspiration? Nancy can help! Study directly with her in person or online. Tailoring classes to fit your individual needs, Nancy provides simple, unique explanations and painting demonstrations.
Nancy welcomes students working in any style or level of experience. In addition to traditional techniques, she incorporates exciting new contemporary processes, such as paint pouring, glazes, textural applications, transparent layering, and atmospheric spatial effects. Receive vital tips, high quality materials, and the all-important individualized learning experience.
For experienced painters, Nancy has devised an amazing unique system of self-critique to fix painting issues fast! View your paintings with a keen eye, and sharpen how you see images. You will learn to improve the viewing movement and depth in your painting, make your work more viewer-responsive, and fill your creative toolbox with a lifetime of techniques!
Private Classes in Santa Fe
Plan a fun vacation to Santa Fe to include a private hands on workshop in Nancy’s Santa Fe studio. Create a workshop theme that best suits you and your group with Nancy’s help. Your customized class, held in her modern 1300 sq ft studio (four miles from downtown Santa Fe), is close to many hotels and restaurants. The space can easily accommodate up to eight students. Email Nancy for more details and to schedule.
No need to travel! Work with Nancy in your own home at your convenience. Arrange a private class using Nancy’s online meeting room where photos, videos and live demos can easily be shared. Email Nancy for more details and to schedule.
Your Class Themes
• Learn New Painting Techniques in oil, acrylic, collage or mixed media. Your class can include color mixing, gold leaf, realism versus abstraction, freeing up your style, and more.
• Painting Critique – View your paintings to analyze for strengths and weaknesses, improve viewing movement and depth, make your work more viewer-responsive, advice on selecting work for exhibitions, insights into your voice and style.
• New Visions – generate new ideas, free creative blocks, brainstorm for inspiration.
• Professional Career – portfolio review, artist statements, website advice, exhibitions, how to approach galleries, pricing your art.
• Technical Advice – improve the archival nature of your paintings for long-lasting quality, shipping and storage advice, resolve any technical issues.
Group Workshops in Your Area
Contact Nancy to arrange for her to teach in your local area. For group workshops already scheduled, and open to the public, please click here.
Reserve Your Date
Contact Nancy for prices and other details, and to arrange your workshop.
Nancy has been teaching art for more than 30 years at many venues including Columbia University, Georgia O’Keeffe Museum, Anderson Ranch and Santa Fe Art Institute. She received her Bachelors of Fine Arts from Rhode Island School of Design and her Masters of Fine Arts from Columbia University.
Nancy believes art is a rewarding pursuit that can also enhance our quality of life. She enjoys imparting this passion to her students. Nancy has authored four top selling painting books with North Light Books, and appeared on television for HGTV’s “That’s Clever”. She has extensive training as a Certified Working Artist for Golden Artist Colors. Nancy currently lives and paints in Santa Fe, NM.
Sample Nancy’s teaching style and view her FREE Youtube videos here.
—Bonnie Teitelbaum, painter, New Mexico, USA
– Rossovino, painter, Toronto, Canada
—Destiny Allison, artist/author, New Mexico, USA
—Dorothy Grandbois, Artist & Art Professor, Institute of American Indian Arts, New Mexico, USA